Thursday 4 November 2010

M.I.A.

Those of you who know me on a daily basis will know that I have been M.I.A. for the past 2 weeks or so- the reason for my social absence is the above. My mother came to visit! Waving good-bye to a successful semester GPA (just kidding), I hosted my lovely Mum for a while. I took her shopping, out to lunch (most days), to the movies, on walks and a few road trips. What a wonderful lady! Having Mum around made me feel somewhat grown up: I was actually HOSTING. SHE was the guest this time. When I was a kid I used to think about it- no really I did. What weirdo kid ponders the moment her mother will actually be HER guest?! Strange. Anyway I rather miss her now that she's gone. Then I remember there's only 5 or so weeks before I fly to Germany to be with her again for Christmas-- Brilliant!

Oh, and you will all be pleased to know that after almost 2 years of whining about it, Mum treated me to an umbrella- which you ALL know I needed. Thanks Mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment