Monday 21 September 2009

FYE (For Your Entertainment)

Swimming just isn't worth it like this...
Hi readers. Apologies for abandoning you all- I know you have all been itching to hear about me me me. Of course I am joking, but as is the case you shall hea all about it!

Life has been rather hectic since coming back to Provo. How many people thought I could utter my distaste for school? Well, it happened: I am officially perturbed with the fact that I must continue with this charade. Of course you all know that really, deep, deep down, I love it all. But for now, today, I just despise the fact that I must pull myself from my comfortable bed (thank you memory foam) and haul myself to a physical science class. Why, may I ask all american educators, must I (an English and Editing major looking to go into publishing) take a physical science class? What must I care about gravity other than the fact that my feet remain planted on the ground?
Physical science just isn't working out for me, you guys. There might have been a "plus" in the fact that it is typically a "man" class- meaning that unlike my english classes which are full of girls and married men (seriously tragic) there was a shred of hope that I could get a couple of dates out of science. However, being a core class, I quickly found myself helplessly surrounded by freshmen. NOT the way to go for a 21 yr old in Provo. Secondly; I'm just not capable of understanding physics. We have interactive clicker quizzes in class and the number of people who click on certain answers shows up on the screen. There is always one person who clicks "E" or "C". That ONE person, that one sad individual who never clicks the right answer- that's me. Every time.
Meanwhile, the weather is getting chillier. My roommate seems to be incredibly warmblooded these days- and as such we had our window wide open last night. I had my winter duvets on, frozen, while Anna only had ONE blanket! HOW?!
Speaking of Anna: I love her. This is our 3rd year rooming together! On saturday we took a quick trip to Park City. It was nice to be out of Provo- and to use Anna's newfound freedom on wheels.
My new calling in church is on the Publicity Committee. I think that will be good fun- and a great opportunity to flex my editing skillz. I spelled skillz with a "z" because it makes me feel like my chosen field is hip slash cooler than it is. Editing, however geeky you may think it to be, is one of my favourite releases. I have had a few people hand me papers and manuscripts to edit this past week and let me tell you- there's something about clicking open my red pen that just gets me excited! Editing is like justified scalding- a legitimate excuse to be incredibly mean without the hurt feelings. I LOVE IT.
On another note, I am sorely ashamed that I have no new pictures to show you concerning my life- I have been so consumed in things that I can't really name (which means I know I've been busy but with what? The answer escapes me...) but here are some funnies from the good old internet (which began in 1991, FYI). See, I learn stuff.

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear an update from you! I had no idea you blogged-- thank heaven for facebook statuses.
    Jed and I are obsessed with fail blog. Thank You!
    I'd love to catch up more sometime! I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat concerning fall classes. In my case, Econ 110 is the source of my sorrow. But, anyway, I had no idea that you blogged! That's great! I hope you have an amazing semester, take it easy! And if ya have time, I would I appreciate it if you stopped by to check out my blog; It needs some work, but I'm new to this, so I'm trying! It's http://federicojoserodriguez.blogspot.com/ See ya!

    ReplyDelete