Sunday 22 November 2009

Movie of the Month

I'm sure I've mentioned this before- there are certain movies out there that are just inspirational. This is one of the few that makes my fingertips tingle, and writing is all I want to do. I appreciate this movie for a number of things. Firstly, it's superb writing. I have said it time and time again: there is a lot of crap out there that is in no way worthy of remembering. This script is not one of them. It is genius: realistic and optimistic of the goodness in people that we tend to forget. I appreciate the dynamic of the family: how it is focused and celebrated. The characters- each one- are beautifully sculpted and relatable. And lastly, the music is refreshing and enjoyable (props to Sondre Lerche). If you haven't seen this movie: go get it right now- pay full price if you need to, you won't regret it. If you HAVE seen it... watch it again!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this movie, Hollie. The title is perfect - it is realistic. And I listen to Sondre Lerche's soundtrack all the time. Kudos to the filmmakers and screen writers!

    ReplyDelete