Wednesday 6 October 2010

Did You Watch General Conference?

Last weekend was a semi anual session of General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Did you watch? If not, you can watch or read conference talks at lds.org/conference

I especially liked President Monson's comments on humility and gratitude. I think the world really needed this message right now. I can feel- even in the phone calls I take at work- that the world is forgetting to be grateful to one another for small acts of kindness. It doesn't seem tobe the priority of many people to be polite and good natured. This is the most base form of courtesy and peacemaking that we need more of. A lack of humility inevitable creates a surplus of pride, which is the ultimate downfall of man. You do the math.

The challenge I have taken up is to be more thankful. Even in my head- which I have to admit is something I need to work on. I am one of those people whose mind is ridiculously unfiltered: I lit my brain run riot! Judging left right and center despite my mouth not betraying me. I have decided that turning my thoughts in a more positive angle will help me to be more positive- and all together more humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment